My IE8 behaves differently from IE.au3 embed?

It's a bit hard to give you a sensible reply when you don't explain your problem, or show an example script. What exactly is different?

The embedded browser is the one installed on your system. There are some differences explained in the helpfile and the embedded IE won't have any toolbars or stuff like that active, which might alter your experience.

I'm not completely sure as to how or why, but if you set IE8 to use compatability mode it gives you the same result as the embedded autoit object.

I think that implies that "ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")" used in _IECreateEmbedded() creates the compatability mode object and there might be another object available to use for normal mode.

I also think that this particular page is not very well made, which is what exposes the issue.

I'll have a look for a solution, but don't hold your breath.

Edit: this topic has a little info on the used object http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41908. I couldn't get anything usefull from it though. I'm not very good with COM, so I hope someone else will know what to do.

Edited by Tvern

I'm not completely sure as to how or why, but if you set IE8 to use compatability mode it gives you the same result as the embedded autoit object.

I think that implies that "ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")" used in _IECreateEmbedded() creates the compatability mode object and there might be another object available to use for normal mode.

I also think that this particular page is not very well made, which is what exposes the issue.

I'll have a look for a solution, but don't hold your breath.

Edit: this topic has a little info on the used object http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41908. I couldn't get anything usefull from it though. I'm not very good with COM, so I hope someone else will know what to do.

Thanks ~ I found _IECreate2, but I'm not sure how to modify it so that I can change it's position and dimensions inside the window.