Problems with using variables in Array[$var] [SOLVED]

I can't use variables with array.

Here's list of codes and results

Edit:Problem 1 was because of my math, but still can't find find fix for 2nd problem

Any ideas?

1)

$a = 10
Dim $color[$a]

No error

$colorx = 73
$starty = 510
$endy = 585
$a = $starty - $endy
Dim $color[$a]

C:\Users\rain\Desktop\test.au3 (5) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:
Dim $color[$a]
Dim $color[^ ERROR

2)

$color[10] &= hex(PixelGetColor($colorx,$i))&')' & @CRLF

No errors

$color[$i-($starty+1)] &= hex(PixelGetColor($colorx,$i))&')' & @CRLF

C:\Users\rain\Desktop\test.au3 (13) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:
$color[^ ERROR

Here's full code

$colorx = 73
$starty = 510
$endy = 585
;~ $a = $starty - $endy
Dim $color[100]
WinActivate("untitled")
WinWaitActive("untitled")
Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)

;Get Normal color
$color = ""
for $i = $starty to $endy
;~  $color &= 'GUICtrlCreateLabel("",0,'&($i*5)-2550&',5,5)' & @CRLF &'GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x'&hex(PixelGetColor($colorx,$i))&')' & @CRLF
Next
Edited by E1M1

edited

Without looking at the full code, the first error results form trying to declare an array with a negative number of elements. Using something like "Dim $color[Abs($start - $end) + 1]" would get you the right number of array elements. You'd still need to store a variable indicating the offset between the lowest array element (0) and your $start variable. Then you'd need to adjust by that value anytime you referenced the array.

Not an AutoIt bug. It's a keyboard operator bug.

510 - 585 ends up in a negative number and you can't dimension an array on the negative side.

I think you wanted

$colorx = 73
$starty = 510
$endy = 585
$a = $endy - $starty
Dim $color[$a]
Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

The $color = "" statement in there also trashes $color as being defined as an array and converts it to a simple (empty) variable. The &= operator isn't necessary either as it appends to existing data, yet the elements all start as empty and are only referenced once. I learn best by "doing", maybe you do to, try playing with this...

#include <array.au3>

Global $colorx = 73, $starty = 510, $endy = 585, $len = $endy - $starty + 1
Global $color[$len + 1]
$color[0] = $len
;WinActivate("untitled")
;WinWaitActive("untitled")
Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)

;Get Normal color
for $i = $starty to $endy
    MouseMove($colorx, $i, 0)
    sleep(10)
    $color[$i - $starty + 1] = hex(PixelGetColor($colorx,$i)) & ')' & @CRLF
;~  $color &= 'GUICtrlCreateLabel("",0,'&($i*5)-2550&',5,5)' & @CRLF &'GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x'&hex(PixelGetColor($colorx,$i))&')' & @CRLF
Next
_ArrayDisplay($color)

Edit: I just stuck the Mousemove(), Sleep() and _ArrayDisplay() in there as eye-candy for testing.

Edited by Spiff59