IE.au3 interacting with Sharepoint sites

I'm trying to figure out how to get IE.au3 commands to work with dynamically generated content in sharepoint sites.

First off, there's a server list that's dynamically generated depending on the server that I'm currently viewing. I'd like to scrape these and display them as a list.

Next hurdle. There's a applet(?) where you click on a dropdown box, it comes up with a pop-up window with options and when you select it, returns you to the page. I'd like to be able to interact with this (Click on the link for the options, read and evaluate the options, and select the appropriate one.)

I'd say that I'm at an intermediate level with autoit, so any kind of guidance would be fantastic.

If anyone requires further explanation, or examples from the source of the page I'm trying to work with, please let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip. But I'm not quite sure where to start here. He does seem to have a lot of great things in his sig, but that's like saying "The internet is a popular place for information." :mellow:

I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing here. If I can make this clearer at all, please let me know.

You may want to start small, such as getting a list of objects on the page your working with. Try to break down the steps you want to do. For example, create a script that just reads the text from the page. Make another to collect the objects. Make another to just look for links. The point here is if you learn each piece, then putting together what you have in mind will then come easily to you.

I agree with Volly. I suggest you start with DebugBar that will take the mystery out of dynamically generated HTML on the page. Then start working through IE.au3 example in the helpfile - they are all fully self-contained code samples that you can adapt to your site.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble