MouseMove() and Windows VirtualPC

Hi All,

I've been working with Windows VirtualPC on my Windows7/x64 Ultimate PC. I have a couple of programs that don't play nice on Win7.

For the most part, I have sorted the problems, but this evening, after putting the finishing touches on my virtualPC environment, I discovered that the MouseMove() function no longer works.

This probably has something to do with the way VirtualPC hooks into the rest of the system, but thought I ask if anyone has a workaround for this problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

Are you trying to interact with the script VIA the master PC at all? Such as a TCP/IP thing?

Compile this script to see what happens:

sleep(2000) 
$pos = MouseGetPos() 
MsgBox(0, "Mouse x,y:", $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1])

Do you get a report on where the mouse is and does it change each time you run it from the virtual PC?

Edited by Volly

Are you trying to interact with the script VIA the master PC at all? Such as a TCP/IP thing?

No. It's all in the virtual pc. I have the virtualPC running in full screen mode, as this is the way to use the windows keys etc.

Do you get a report on where the mouse is and does it change each time you run it from the virtual PC?

I ran AU3Info, and it is reporting the correct mouse position. I then re-ran the little test program I wrote (3 MouseMove()'s with a pause between each) and what I saw was intriguing.

As each MouseMove() is executed, AU3Info shows the mouse position changing, but the pointer remained where it was.

• 2 months later...