Bug with holding RAlt/RCtrl/RShift?

Send("{RALT Down}")

Sleep(1000)

Send("{RALT Up}")

End result? Left alt is considered down, as well as right alt. Start -> run -> osk to open the on screen keyboard and see what this does.

There's no RALTDOWN either like there is "altdown"... so is there no way to hold down these right alt/ctrl/shift keys and release when I wish? Also, prefixes are provided to do (ignoring right variants) ctrl+alt+key and such, but I didn't see any prefixes for the right variants. Are there any?

Note that I've only observed this misbehavior on windows 7 x64, and haven't tested elsewhere.

Also note that I can easily achieve what I'm trying to achieve using AutoHotkey. I'm actually in the process of converting a large autohotkey script to autoit because autoit's script language is much more elegant and I'm tired of working around several of autohotkey's bugs/limitations. I'm very much hoping that a simple thing like this doesn't prevent me from making the switch.

And though this may seem insignificant, the program I'm interfacing with lets me set hotkeys with the right modifier keys as part of them (so, ralt+rctl+numpad0 for example), and by setting them to these obscure combinations I can ensure that I never press them myself but only through the script, allowing me to use these obscure hotkeys in functions to make the program do various things. Without this ability autoit becomes useless in my use case as it's impossible to achieve my goal.

Edited by nacitar

The Ralt Up seems to end up setting Ctrl down and LAlt down for me.

Win7 Ultimate x6

Edit: Did you check for any references in the bug tracker?

Pretty much exactly what I'm seeing. And no, I haven't checked the bug tracker yet... but I shall. I posted here first in case I was doing something that others would find obviously wrong, though I was pretty sure it was not.

EDIT: searching for ralt and "right alt" and a few others didn't uncover anything. take note this bug effects other keys too, like rctrl and rshift.

Edited by nacitar

Send("{RALT Down}")

Sleep(1000)

Send("{RALT Up}")

End result? Left alt is considered down, as well as right alt. Start -> run -> osk to open the on screen keyboard and see what this does.

There's no RALTDOWN either like there is "altdown"... so is there no way to hold down these right alt/ctrl/shift keys and release when I wish? Also, prefixes are provided to do (ignoring right variants) ctrl+alt+key and such, but I didn't see any prefixes for the right variants. Are there any?

Your problem interests me as well. I am also on windows 7 X64 and I'm just learning to script. I read about autohotkey and autoit, and this seemed like the clear choice to me. But immediately have been stymied trying to get !n to work as alt-n: maybe there's some kind of problem getting autoit to work with alt-keys on windows7 X64?

• 3 weeks later...

Your problem interests me as well. I am also on windows 7 X64 and I'm just learning to script. I read about autohotkey and autoit, and this seemed like the clear choice to me. But immediately have been stymied trying to get !n to work as alt-n: maybe there's some kind of problem getting autoit to work with alt-keys on windows7 X64?

I have been struggling with this problem for some time as well. I've tried to use other variants (e.g. rctrl up, ralt up, ralt down, etc.) to try to "bug" the left ctrl button into coming back up, but with no success. Anyone found a workaround for this yet?