Scheduling Tasks

I have done a script to automatize a BackUp i need to do daily, the question is: ¿Is there an easy way to configure my machine so it executes the script daily at a certain time?

I have already tried with the Windows Scheduled Tasks, but it didnt work for me. I need the task to be done daily with no users logged on the machine. I'm using Windows Server 2003.

The backup is done Opening an Internet Explorer Window, navigating through several pages and clicking on a download link, it chooses the path and saves the downloaded file on a local folder. That's how the backup script works.

Edited by Zywl

I'm no expert, but I'd guess you'd need a logged in session to do what you want.

Yes, you are right, i was studying about how to create a Windows Service in order to do that, but, i dont even know if something like that is posssible.... im not an expert about that and i´m not considering that option right now.

When i have an user account logged in, i can use a basic script to recreate a Scheduler that runs the backup script everyday at 4:00 PM, but its not possible for me, because the server machine is most of the time idle with no users logged in.

PD: Yes, i know my english sucks..

Edited by Zywl

I never tried it with a AutoIT application but NTBackup from Windows 2003 does the same

I've read the complete posting

"The backup is done Opening an Internet Explorer Window, navigating through several pages and clicking on a download link, it chooses the path and saves the downloaded file on a local folder. That's how the backup script works."

This will not work without a user being logged on

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

Ok, thanks for the support guys, since it's not possible to do the backup as i want, then i'm going to try to create an user that keeps permanently logged in for that specific purpose. :mellow: