empty Frame object, possible XSS

Heya,

Newby to the ie.au3 UDF, but not to AutoIt in general, and I'm having some difficulting automating reports on a Web Managed Reports system Our library uses. The site uses Frames, one for a logo, one for a menu, one for download options, and the one I actually care about for the data. whenever I reutrn either a frame object or a frame collection, the result appears to be empty, and if i add the IEErrorHandlerRegister, I get "Access Denied" warnings.

I've had a hunt through the forums and found some information on XSS, but it doesn't look like any of the frames are from a different site, So I'm wondering if I have a different problem altogether.

specifically the "base" page is as follows

<html>
<title>Circulation Statistics - All Activity</title>
<frameset Rows=60,80% >
<frameset cols=210,80% >
<frame src=/htcircrep/activity/0/a1%7Cu4%7Ce%7C1%7C%7C/logo? name="logo" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<frame src=/htcircrep/activity/0/a1%7Cu4%7Ce%7C1%7C%7C/tool_1x1? name="tool" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
</frameset>
<frameset cols=210,80% >
<frame src=/htcircrep/activity/0/a1%7Cu4%7Ce%7C1%7C%7C/menu_1x1? name="menu" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<frame src=/htcircrep/activity/0/a1%7Cu4%7Ce%7C1%7C%7C/table_1x1? name=data>
</frameset>
</frameset>
</html>

and the "view source" from the resulting frames (data being the only one I actually care about) is a simple generic form with a stack of check boxes and a submit button, and I can't access any of them. I have tried opening the frame in a new window, and it does work, but every submit button recreates a frameset page.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried to contact the app's tech support? Their system may have its own internal scripting engine or other automation method available.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law