[Q] Error Allocating Memory

Hi, i coded a project with autoit and this project can create another autoit script, and the new script contain fileinstall command, then compile new script.While it is compiling new script, it use aut2exe with parameters.Thus far, everything is normal, but if file's size <which is attached with fileinstall> is great <e.g. 1 gb>, aut2exe give an error: "Error allocating memory"

Why do it give this error?And How can i solve it?

...is great <e.g. 1 gb>, aut2exe give an error: "Error allocating memory"...

Consider the amount of data you want to load to RAM! I think I remember that there's an au3 overhead putting data into memory, but also there's a limit enforced by the OS... one possibility might be to add more RAM... and another one would be to rethink your processing logic.

Edit: Link added (see also post below that one)

Retested the script in the linked post (had 32bit XP installed at that time). It kicked me out (Win7-64bit, 4GB RAM) at ~850mb, while memory usage in taskmanager peeked 3,2GB.

Edited by KaFu

• Developers

What are the parameters you use on AUT2EXE?

By the way: why would you even try to FileInstall() a file of 1 GB?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thax, i thought so kafu.

Jos, i use them: " /in /out /icon /comp /pack /x86 " and this script about unattended windows.So script create unattended program.Unfortunately many programe is greater than 1 gb :mellow:

it's my script:

http://www.tnctr.com/index.php?showtopic=142402&st=0

Thax, i thought so kafu.

Jos, i use them: " /in /out /icon /comp /pack /x86 " and this script about unattended windows.So script create unattended program.Unfortunately many programe is greater than 1 gb :mellow:

it's my script:

But what is the point of including the actual install executable into the script executable? Is it for the sake of only having one file, then you probably should be looking at InstallShield or similar pieces of software for packaging!

• Developers

This is not the complete aut2exe params list and are many programs larger than 1 GB?

it's my script:

Post it here when you want others to look it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)