Problem with custom icon for compiled exe

Hi everyone. I'm new, I just started using AutoIt 2 days ago and so far I am really enjoying it It's very easy to use and the documentation is excellent.

Here is my problem, I have written a script and I have given it a custom icon. I compile the exe and it still shows the default AutoIt icon. If I change the Icon size, then it changes to my custom icon. It's just the one size which shows as the default icon.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, and how to fix it?

First install full package of SciTE4AutoIt3 editor if not already done.

Then use #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon in your code.

Example:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon="c:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Icons\AutoIt_Old4.ico"
MsgBox(0, "New Icon", "The Exe has now a new icon!")

BR,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

What is the output in SciTE (buttom window) when you compile your script?

BR,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

What is happening when you compile my example from post#4? Can you see the embedded icon in the exe?

Maybe you have to adjust the path to the icon.

BR,

UEZ

It's a known issue that Jos just became awate of a few days ago. I suspect a bug in the way AU3Wrapper is handleing resources. I have 2 that I have to change manually on every compile.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Sorry, I missed your problem :mellow:. I thought you have problems with adding the icon to the compiled exe.

Can you use AutoIt_Main_v10_256x256_RGB-A.ico instead and test it again? Just read the reply from GEOSoft.

BR,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

I don't seem to have that icon. If I do, I don't know where it is.

EDIT:Ah, ok. I'll just wait and see what turns up. Thanks for the help guys.

You do know that you can open the exe with Resource Hacker and fix the affected icon(s), right? Also, depending on your Icons, you may need the Beta version of Resource hacker.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Every time I replace an icon with Resource Hacker, I break the exe.

Don't pack it with UPX and use the Beta version of Resource Hacker.

George

Let us know how you make out. I know it works for me.

George

It said "Out of system resources" when I added it, but it seems ok.

That's an old bug that won't be fixed in Resource Hacker. Ignore it any time you see it.

George