Run Disc Help

hey guys,

I have been using autoit for a long time to automate a number of tasks for my htpc. However the problem I'm having now is probably a very simple one for you guys but obviously not for me.

I am basically trying to emulate the same action that occurs when I go to my computer and double click a disc drive with a dvd or cd in it (the cd plays in windows media player etc...)

However I don't really want to have to write code to open explorer, select the disc, press enter, close explorer etc...

There must be some way to do this. I have tried using the run command and pointing it to the disc drive but that didn't work. I have searched through the forums but I can't seem to find an answer.

I'm hoping someone will be able to help. Thanks.

Edited by crazyfool

This will do it for Audio Cds. To do the same for other formats you will have to check the registry for the strings. The RegExpressions should be the same. By the way, this only works for the first loaded drive.

Opt("ExpandEnvStrings", 1)
$sReg = RegRead("HKCR\AudioCD\shell\play\command", "")
$sApp = StringRegExpReplace($sReg, "(?m:^|\n)\x22(.+?)\x22.+", "$1")
$sParam = StringRegExpReplace($sReg, "(?m:^|\n).+?(/.+)\x22.+", "$1")

$aDrives = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
For $i = 1 To Ubound($aDrives) -1
    If DriveGetSerial($aDrives[$i]) Then
        ShellExecute($sApp, $sParam & $aDrives[$i])
        Exitloop
    EndIf
Next

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

To do it for disks that have an AutoRun.inf file (Software disks mainly) you should be able to use this.

$aDrives = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
For $i = 1 To Ubound($aDrives) -1
    If DriveGetSerial($aDrives[$i]) Then
        $sCmd = IniRead($aDrive[$i] & "\Autorun.inf", "Autorun", "Open", "")
        If $sCmd Then
            If StringLeft($sCmd, 1 = "\" Then $sCmd = StringTrimLeft($sCmd, 1)
            ShellExecute($aDrives[$i] & $sCmd)
            Exitloop
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next

EDIT: M23 take note, no SRE's required.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Awesome that works for a music cd. However I'm going to be using it to load blu rays for my htpc. How do I find the strings in the registry?

I have no idea. It should be available someplace.

George

ok I found it in the registry, I'll have a play around with it later to see if I can get it to work

I got a couple of questions though:

What value does drivegetdrive get? (drive letter???)

Is it possible for me to specify drive? (again using drive letter???)

Thanks

Update. Found one more. For DVDs it's the same as for audio cds with one change

Change

To

$sReg = RegRead("HKCR\dvd\shell\play\command", "")

The StringRegExpReplace()calls remain the same.

George

ok I found it in the registry, I'll have a play around with it later to see if I can get it to work

I got a couple of questions though:

What value does drivegetdrive get? (drive letter???)

Is it possible for me to specify drive? (again using drive letter???)

Thanks

Drive get drive returns the lower case drive letter followed by a colon( : )

You can use the actual drive letter with no problem but you won't need the loop.

Opt("ExpandEnvStrings", 1)
$sApp = StringRegExpReplace($sReg, "(?m:^|\n)\x22(.+?)\x22.+", "$1")
$sParam = StringRegExpReplace($sReg, "(?m:^|\n).+?(/.+)\x22.+", "$1")
$sDrive = "g:'
If DriveGetSerial($sDrive) Then ShellExecute($sApp, $sParam & $sDrive)
Edited by GEOSoft

George