Making an authentication server ?

Well hello ,

I ve finished creating my product ( and app in autoit ) and i want to share it with several people throught internet . To dont make it so easy to steal it i actually want to make some kind of authntication before the user is able to use the app . Actually what i think should the sequence be is :

1 . Get the key from inputbox and via php/or auth server check its validity if it is or its not in DB

2 . Return valid/invalid

3 . Every 15 seconds refresh if the connection is still active (to prevent from multi using one key)

4 . If the connection to server has failed stop the app (or close it)

5 . If the key is used 2 times from 2 diff IPs somehow bann the IP ( Absolutely no idea how could be this done :mellow: )

6 . The data between auth server and the app should be somehow protected to dont allow it to be cracked that easily (Still new to this)

If i forgot somethink please post it here . I am also looking for your suggestions or sample codes really everythink is appreciated !

Thanks again ,

Unreal

Here's a good example that might have some of the required features.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Water thanks will definelly look at it ! :mellow: And the prog is used for our "team" to share the work they ve done on the project . You know so we wont do smthink that s1 already did (in out team ) also it allows to make a note for the future visitors etc :P

the only real safe programs are the ones that run on your server and the client only has an interface to show the work done on the server (like WoW for example :mellow:)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

the only real safe programs are the ones that run on your server and the client only has an interface to show the work done on the server (like WoW for example :P)

Actually you may be right however WoW isnt safe at all . Too easy to write an bot nowdays and also there are several hacks that bend the rules there . I am however not creating a game or anythink common with it . Anyway i am just looking for a bit safe auth system :mellow: Any suggestions ? :party:

• 2 years later...

I don't think you'll get an answer. ForsakenGod hasn't been online for nearly 2 years.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki