Segmented recorder

EDIT: Solved

Ok so what I want to do is make a script that will record my series of key input along with a length of time the keys are pressed. This sounds like a keylogger, I know, but that is not what it is for. This is simply to help me automate tasks more effectively by recording what I do so that I only have to do it once. Then I can make a long "send" rotation to repeat it. In order to make this effective, I want to be able to press a hotkey that will create a new segment in the log file though. The output should appear something like this:

w {240}

o {100}

(times in ms)

The problem I am stuck on is actually recording key presses. I have no idea where to even start with this.

Edited by DoubleMcLovin

I understand this does branch very closely to what a keylogger does, and I do not wish to violate any rules in place on this forum. Perhaps someone could recommend an alternative way of approaching this? If I can discover a better way than having to "log" my keys that would be great. If no one has any ideas, this thread will silently die.

I wrote the original AutoIt Script Writer... AutoScriptWriter or some crap, I forget the name... then I wrote AU3Record and throughout it all I learned that noone is going to trust you enough to make code for recording keystrokes public so that any idiot "ne're do well" can copy / paste and cause problems.

This I will tell you...

You can write an "AutoIt Recorder" using AutoIt and hooks, and use TimerInit/Diff to record delays. I have had the code in my head for years, but no incentive to manifest it.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

Thanks Lar. I figured that out while waiting for the replies here. I also learned that for my isolated case where I know which keys to wait for I can create a on keypress event sequence to log keys and timed delays between presses.

This thread is solved, and to avoid controversy it should die now. I will edit the original post to reflect such.