Determine Win2k Pro or Server?

I primarily use @osversion determine which version of Windows this script is running on. However, this does not distinguish between Windows 2000 Pro and Windows 2000 Server; something that I need to do. I'm sure I could figure this out by querying a certain registry key, or maybe kernel file version, or something like that, but I was wondering if there was a "proper" way to do this with AutoIt.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I primarily use @osversion determine which version of Windows this script is running on.  However, this does not distinguish between Windows 2000 Pro and Windows 2000 Server; something that I need to do.  I'm sure I could figure this out by querying a certain registry key, or maybe kernel file version, or something like that, but I was wondering if there was a "proper" way to do this with AutoIt.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see that nobody has replied to this, so I'll jump in...

I do not know if there is a "proper" way, but if you can locate regisrty settings that differ (and are consistant - don't change with patch level) then that should work well within AutoIt. I do not have any W2k server systems to play with - so, I can not help you out directly... and I could not locate any info online concerning "differences" that you could use within your script.

good luck

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• 1 month later...