Select text in the active window

Hey guys, can someone kindly direct me to the appropriate function or command that will tell autoit to select a certain folder within a folder. For example, I want autoit to make a window active, inside this window are multiple folders and I would like autoit to search through these folders until it finds a specific folder and stop on that one. Thanks in advance.

-hornet

If you want to search for a file or folder you can use the search button to get several examples how to find files/folder.

My example is here: #763823

BR,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

I have searched the forum for what I'm looking for as well as read over the link you gave me UEZ. I think all of that is way too complicated for what I'm really needing to do. I basically would like to create a script that will move folder after folder to a 2nd window on the screen. So just to clarify, both windows will be up. There are 1000+ windows in the left window and (at this point), zero in the right. I would like to create a script that will select the first folder in the left window, drag and drop it into the right window, go back to the left window, pick up the 2nd folder in the list, drag and drop it into the right folder, and continue to do this all the way through each and every folder in the left window. Does this make sense? This isn't really anything very important, it's actually just a learning script for me to get the hang of autoit but the problem is I'm not sure of which command to use. Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

-hornet

You mean you want to move a folder on the left side to the right side recursively?

Further in my optionen it makes no sense to do it by controling a window. If you know the folders and know the destination folder then it should not be much complicated to script it.

DirMove() function may help you.

BR,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ