How to close running applications

Hello everyone,

I ma new to the autoit and am stuck at a one place.

MY problem is I wish to clos all the applications running in the system, susch that it comes to a state it was after booting.

Is there any way to find the PID of the running applications. eg if you open IE,notepad and MSword there are these three process runnig in your system and I would like to get the PID of these three process and colse it.

Like wise there would be N different applications running and have to close all of them.

In Short: In task manager all the application which show up under the applications tb have to be closed

Please Help

S

Fristly, have a look at tasklist.exe. It is a cmd tool which shows all process names and the pids that are currently running on the machine.

Secondly, within AutoIt have a look at ProcessList(). You can use this with ProcessClose () as already pointed out.

Thirdly, there are other UDFs in the Example Scripts sections if you require more functionality. It depends on the specific situation.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]