Clicking under searched text in firefox

Hej guys :mellow:

I start my adventure with AutoIt, and I have few questions to you.

My first problem is connected with Firefox.

I want AutoIt to do sth like that:

1. Ctrl+f -> write text ->search text

2. Mouse click on a button which is ~50 pixels under this text.

I have problem with second problem...

I don't know how can I get position of this highlighted text.

Can you help me?:P

AutoIt can't automate Firefox natively since Firefox doesn't provide a COM interface. A COM interface can be added as a plug-in called MozRepl, and then AutoIt can automate that instance of Firefox. But where that plug-in is not installed, AutoIt can't work with Firefox DOM elements. You can search for the FF.au3 UDF for more information on this option.

IE has a COM interface out of the box. So the _IE* functions in the help file work right out of the box. As much as I dislike IE in general, it is MUCH easier to do AutoIt automation with.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You would find the DOM element containing the text and get the screen position of that element. If you want to graphically search the screen for text then you are looking for an OCR app, and that has nothing to do with Firefox in particular.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law