DLL and EXE communation

Let me make it clear.

I'm making the DLL in C++.

I'm making the exe in autoit.

How can I tell the DLL to run a function from my autoit exe?

It doesn't have to be a function, just a way that the DLL will know when to run the function.

EDIT: SORRY FOR THE TITLE MISTAKE.

Edited by Battery

I want to tell the my DLL of another process to run a function just from my autoit exe.

Is there anyway to do that? It doesn't have to be a function, just a way that the DLL will know I want him to run the function.

???

Are you trying to use AutoItX3.dll?

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I don't really understand how to use this functions.

Let's say my dll has function named "test".

The dll is now injected to internet explorer.

I want to run the "test" function from the autoit exe.

Which function should I use and how?

Your still being very vague on what you have in mind. You also say the dll you want to run will crash Internet Explorer. The more I read this, the less I like it. You also started a second thread asking the same thing. So far you are not doing well at all. It would be helpful explaining the purpose of the dll you want to run. For example, is this for a toolbar? user app? Will the user like what you have in mind? Is it for your PC only? I'm asking this for the way you are presenting your information, it strongly suggest you are trying to build a method to keep the user from disabling the dll. That is a maulware method, and that type of thing is not welcomed here.

Oh well, it's for my PC only.

My brother gives me a mission every week so I will practice autoit and c++, but I need your help with this one.

As I said, it's just a test function, it will exit Internet Explorer.

The function of the "exit" is already in the dll, I just don't know how to tell the DLL to run it from autoit.

Edited by Battery

The reason is, that it seems you are trying to make a malicious tool to balls up a computer and removing full control of internet explorer away from a user.

The people who could help you (not me) are asking you for a valid non malicious reason for doing what you are trying.

Cant get any clearer than that.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

The dll function will crash internet explorer, but I want autoit to tell the DLL to run the function.

This all by itself is justification for not helping you. We DO NOT allow malicious code on these forums and people who plan on using AutoIt for nefarious purposes might as well leave of their own free will because sooner or later they are gone anyway.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"