ControlSend stealing focus when activated

I have a script that I want to send some data to a program window in the background after kicking off the script. It uses ControlSend() to target the window and when it begins sending data over after processing it steals the focus and puts it on the targeted control. Is there any way to have ControlSend() do the typing without taking over the system?

ControlSend() should work however as stated in the helpfile, not always. What code are you using? Have a look at control handles.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

I have a script that I want to send some data to a program window in the background after kicking off the script. It uses ControlSend() to target the window and when it begins sending data over after processing it steals the focus and puts it on the targeted control. Is there any way to have ControlSend() do the typing without taking over the system?

Someone wrote a function that uses the clipboard to send large quantities of text to the control. Depending on what you're trying to do, that might be one workaround, since it wouldn't require constant interaction with the control. I have a copy of the post somewhere; if you can't find it, PM me and I'll send it along.

Actually ControlSend was working. Little did I realize I had left a ControlClick in the middle of the script to click on a button. That function was focusing the window constantly. I replaced it with a keyboard shortcut using ControlSend and the focus problem went away.