Au3DB

FuryCell

39 members have voted

1. 1. Are you intrested in seeing this developed further?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Would you enjoy seeing a tool like this replacing the snippet holder already included in scite?

• Yes
    • No

Over the past few days I have been working on a snippet holder for AutoIt. For some reason the one included with scite does not work for me and I wanted something with a simpler interface and syntax highlighting.

I really want to see if people are interested in this and want to seeing it developed further and maybe one day (if jos allows) it can be added to scite.

It's not finished yet and much work is to be done refining and testing it but it works. =)

Posted Image

Download

Edited by FuryCell
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FuryCell,

How are the snippets stored?

James

There is a folder in the dir of au3db called data where the snippets are stored. this makes editing and sorting them possible in windows explorer. The dir can also be changed in the options menu.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

So it looks like people are intrested. What do you guys think needs to be added before this is ready for prime time?

Edited by FuryCell

1) Search snippets

2) Set keywords (Kinda related to above, should search names then keywords then in the file)

3) Inline renaming

4) set icons for folders

5) Export import functions for snippets.

6) A large built in collection or possibly a way to get them off the web. AutoIt Wrappers (sticky now I think) would be amazing.

7) Refresh the tree (or something like that) as I have to click 'Test' in order to get the plus sign to show for the first time.

1) Search snippets

2) Set keywords (Kinda related to above, should search names then keywords then in the file)

3) Inline renaming

4) set icons for folders

5) Export import functions for snippets.

6) A large built in collection or possibly a way to get them off the web. AutoIt Wrappers (sticky now I think) would be amazing.

7) Refresh the tree (or something like that) as I have to click 'Test' in order to get the plus sign to show for the first time.

1.Sounds good.

2.?

3.You can already rename them with a right click context menu

4.Maybe in the next version.

5.I don't think its necessary as the snippets are stored in folder with the same hierarchy as the tree treeview.

6. This sounds excellent. I like the idea of a large built in collection

7.Sounds good.

4. A bunch of "useful snippets" which come with it.

:mellow:

Anyone want to volunteer to collect some snippets?

Edited by FuryCell

1.Sounds good.

2.?

3.You can already rename them with a right click context menu

4.Maybe in the next version.

5.I don't think its necessary as the snippets are stored in folder with the same hierarchy as the tree treeview.

6. This sounds excellent. I like the idea of a large built in collection

7.Sounds good.

:mellow:

Anyone want to volunteer to collect some snippets?

1) :P

2) ??? E.g. 'GUI', 'List', 'Windows'

3) *inline* = TVS_EDITLABELS

4) I don't know how you're going to do it btw... Setting the folder icons is easy... treeview not so much.

5) Ok, fair enough.

6) :party:

7) :party:

http://quadryders.com/phpcc/

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19370

• Double click a file to open it in SciTE
  • Right click on the treeview to add folders
  • Right click folders/files to open context menu
I'm sure more will come.

James

I like the first idea. Number 2 is there already. Idea 3 sounds good for version 2.

2) ??? E.g. 'GUI', 'List', 'Windows'

3) *inline* = TVS_EDITLABELS

4) I don't know how you're going to do it btw... Setting the folder icons is easy... treeview not so much.

http://quadryders.com/phpcc/

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19370

2 and 3 sound good at some point.

4.GuiCtrlSetImage() :mellow:

Thanks for the links.

V0.5.0.1A Relased

V0.5.0.1

-Added edit and explore options to treeview

-Current open file is now shown in the title bar

-General under the hood fixes and improvments

Still to come:included collection of scripts and search.

Download

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Download

whipped up a small tool to to modify the proprties file so au3db can be launched from the tools menu. Please note it replaces snippet holder.

Download

To install au3db into the scite tools menu:

1.Copy the "EXE" folder from Au3DB to the scite root dir and name it Au3DB

2.Run PatchProp.exe to add it to your tools menu. (Be sure the proper directory is set)

Yes I know it says PatchProp.au3 in install.txt

I'm in the process of finding useful snippets. If you see any or have created any that you think should be included send me a link to the thread. The link is required because at the beginning of every snippet I want a comment with a link to it.

FuryCell,

I can't remember where I found this one, or if I made any adjustments (I think I may have done though)

Func _StringANSI2OEM($strText)
    Local $buf = DllStructCreate("char[" & StringLen($strText) + 1 & "]")
    Local $ret = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "CharToOem", "str", $strText, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($buf))
    If Not (IsArray($ret)) Then Return SetError(1, 0, '')
    If $ret[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(2, $ret[0], '')
    Return DllStructGetData($buf, 1)
EndFunc   ;==>_StringANSI2OEM

And this one:

Func _URLEncode($urlText)
    Local $sText

For $i = 1 To StringLen($urlText)
        $acode = Asc(StringMid($urlText, $i, 1))
        Select
            Case ($acode >= 48 And $acode <= 57) Or _
                    ($acode >= 65 And $acode <= 90) Or _
                    ($acode >= 97 And $acode <= 122)
                $sText &= StringMid($urlText, $i, 1)
            Case $acode = 32
                $sText &= "%20"
            Case Else
                $sText &= "%" & Hex($acode, 2)
        EndSelect
    Next

Return $sText
EndFunc   ;==>_URLEncode

James

Hi, great project.

Another feature would be nice:

The possibility to add a note to a snippet.

I don't think that's going to be implemented given the way he has structured it. If it was a big sql database then adding a column would be trivial, but it would take a bit of work to get it working within the directory structure.

Instead use comments within the snippet to get the same effect.

Mat