Help with (management) uninstallation of AutoIT

Hello,

I am looking for your help with AutoIT.

Description of the problem.

• One of my clients has some issues with his PC and I went to solve them. One of them was uninstalling of the free version of AVG Internet Security and installing the paid version. As soon as I try to uninstall any program AutoIT shuts down the computer.
  • Also if I try to modify the Folder options it does not happen at all – modification is not possible. I am trying to do all these under the administrator account.
  • I am not able to uninstall AutoIT, because cannot see it anywhere in the control panel, start menu or elsewhere.
  • The operating system is Windows XP Professional SP3.
  • I have also tried to enter into safe mode, but any normal keys like F8 do not present such opportunities during reboot.
  • The computer is part of a network with other two computers, but there is no server. I suspect that there are some scripts running to rule the access policies between the three computers.

It is really frustrating and I will appreciate your help. Obviously, there is a special set up or sript sequence, which I am not aware of. My target is to actually uninstall AutoIT if it possible at all.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

(gets some popcorn and sits down, wondering what the end is going to be)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...