AutoIt for automation testing of client and server program on different machines simultaneously?

I was wondering if AutoIt can do client machine and server machine automated testing sequentially.

For example [of course, actual test will vary and be more complex]:

a) -Access computer 1, start and verify client application started up okay

b )-Access computer 2, check server app to ensure the correct license is given out

c) -Access computer 1, test and verify some operations on the client application

d) -Access computer 2, check those operations corresponded correctly on server app

e) -Access computer 1, shut down and verify client application closed properly

f) -Access computer 2, check server app to ensure the correct license was released

Thank you.

Are there Simple alternatives to accomplish the above? Can AutoIt Easily support Synchronized automation in distributed environment [across multiple machines]? I am willing to use another PC (computer 3) for master control, and even put AutoIt module on all computer 1, 2 and 3, if that will makes things Effortless… Thanks

Your question is too vague for any specific answer. Yes, AutoIt can do things, and it can do things in a scripted order. Any language can.

Have you actually tried to write a script that does any one of those steps?

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I'll try to provide a very simplified break out summary for a) and b )

Assuming the script is running on computer 3 and I need to perform the following steps in sequences

1) access computer 1

2) start test1.exe on computer 1

3) verify the test1.exe window title up on computer 1

4) press menu: help->about inside test1.exe on computer 1 to get the about box

5) read the about box text content and compare it to some predefined value

6) while test1.exe about box is still up and running on computer 1, access computer 2

7) start test2.exe on computer 2

8) verify the test2.exe window title up on computer 2

9) press the license tab inside test2.exe on computer 2

10) press the refresh button inside the license tab within test2.exe on computer 2

11) read the license usage information from inside the license tab within test2.exe on computer 2

12) verify the license usage information from step 11

13) while test2.exe license usage is still up and running on computer 2, access computer 1

14) press the ok button to dismiss the about box from test1.exe on computer 1

15) press menu: math->calculator inside test1.exe on computer 1 to get the calculator

16) while test1.exe calculator is still up and running on computer 1, access computer 2

17) press the refresh button inside the license tab within test2.exe on computer 2

18) read the license usage information from inside the license tab within test2.exe on computer 2

19) verify the license usage information from step 18

20) while test2.exe license usage is still up and running on computer 2, access computer 1

21) …

Thanks

If I run locally on computer 1, i know i can

How do I run on computer 3 to

1) access computer 1

6) while test1.exe about box is still up and running on computer 1, access computer 2

7) start test2.exe on computer 2

8) verify the test2.exe window title up on computer 2

9) press the license tab inside test2.exe on computer 2

10) press the refresh button inside the license tab within test2.exe on computer 2

11) read the license usage information from inside the license tab within test2.exe on computer 2

12) verify the license usage information from step 11

Assuming you have the appropriate admin permissions on the targets, you can use SchTasks to remotely schedule execution (i.e. run once, one minute from now), or use PSExec from the PSTools collection. Another option is to remotely configure Auto Admin Logon and reboot the machine.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I am guessing, I'll need to figure out a way to tell computer 3 that computer 1 / computer 2 is on step X. And inform computer 1 or 2 to pause/continue, and transfer the necessary pass/fail result from computer 1 or 2 back to computer 3.

13) while test2.exe license usage is still up and running on computer 2, access computer 1

16) while test1.exe calculator is still up and running on computer 1, access computer 2

20) while test2.exe license usage is still up and running on computer 2, access computer 1

Unless there a easy way to directly do these on computer 3?

Edit Update:

Conclusion, AutoIt is not a feasible simple solution for this task. Also see

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116836

Edited by jmc