Ip problem: local, Global? Huh?

Right. btw, Im pretty new to TCP.

Im doing a connection to exchange data between computers.

As I understand you need the recievers IP and port to connect to it.

My computer goes through a router so it has an internet IP of 202.XXX.13.50

But, so do all the other computers going through my router. There is also local ip's like 192.168.1.2.

My question is, how do you differenciate the computer to connect to, when 4 computers share the same Internet IP?

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

Portforwarding.

I see. So, does that mean that if I get the public IP and port correct, Ideally it should still connect?

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

I see. So, does that mean that if I get the public IP and port correct, Ideally it should still connect?

Look, it works like this;

[PC1; 192.168.1.1] --> [router 1; 212.222.111.122] ----------WWW---------> [router 2; 84.12.54.22] --> [PC2; 192.168.1.1]

It does not matter that both PC's have the same IP address because its a local IP address.

When you want to connect with PC1, to PC2 on port 12345 you have to forward port 12345 in router 2 to the internal IP address of PC 2. So you forward port 12345 to 192.168.1.1

Then when you decide to connect from PC1 to PC2, you have to use the external IP address to connect to, on port 12345.

Look, it works like this;

[PC1; 192.168.1.1] --> [router 1; 212.222.111.122] ----------WWW---------> [router 2; 84.12.54.22] --> [PC2; 192.168.1.1]

It does not matter that both PC's have the same IP address because its a local IP address.

When you want to connect with PC1, to PC2 on port 12345 you have to forward port 12345 in router 2 to the internal IP address of PC 2. So you forward port 12345 to 192.168.1.1

Then when you decide to connect from PC1 to PC2, you have to use the external IP address to connect to, on port 12345.

Ok. That makes sense.

Thanks for the Help everyone. Appreciate it.

#######Signing off,

Hypoz.