GUI functions

Guest Resonance

Guest Resonance

Hey guys, I was looking through the forums, and as I look i see bits and pieces of code that have GUI functions in them. I thought that the GUI functions were for making windows... or something like that. As I'm sure you can see, I'm new to scripting, so advice would be much appreciated :(

As an aside, I did read the help file on GUIs, and I still don't really get it. Are they just like any other commands? A general explanation of them would do fine for me :(

Thanks

GUIs can be used in scripts, however not required.

GUIs seem to make a collection of objects, which can be someone difficult to work with in a scripting language, however it is still possible through conditional loops(While...WEnd).

Using GUIs makes it much easier to input information, or display it for that matter, than it is to have MsgBox and InputBox after one another.

I'm personally working on a Tic-Tac-Toe game, however, adding a simple computer bot has made the script crash. An older version is in a thread in Scripts and Scraps if you want to play against yourself :(

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

It's not for advanced users, you just need a better understanding of scripting languages then

$string1 = "Hello World!"

MsgBox(0, "Message Box", $string1)

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())