Internet Explorer Prompt

Hello,

I am working on a script to open Internet Explorer and install an Active X control. The page loads and the IE Security Warning pops up. I am able to use ControlClick to select "Always Install Software" but can not click the Install button. I have tried ControlClick and using coordinates. I read that using Tab and Enter to select the button should work. I am able to highlight the button with Tab but it does not press with Enter. Does anyone have a suggestion to get past this? Thank you.

run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe http://swc/legasuite/4.1038.1.500/production")
sleep(3000)

winwait("Internet Explorer - Security Warning")
sleep(4000)
controlclick("Internet Explorer - Security Warning", "More &options", 10507)
controlclick("Internet Explorer - Security Warning", '&Always install software from "Rocket Software, Inc."', 10504)

winactivate("Internet Explorer - Security Warning")
controlsend("Internet Explorer - Security Warning", "", "", "{TAB}")
sleep(1000)
sleep(1000)
sleep(1000)
controlsend("Internet Explorer - Security Warning", "", "", "{ENTER}")

winwait("HORIZON - Login")
winclose("HORIZON - Login")
winwait("Session Terminate?")
sleep(4000)
controlclick("Session Terminate?", "&Yes", 6)
winclose("HORIZON - Windows Internet Explorer")

prompt.bmp

Edited by memnoch2001

Sounds like the version of IE you are working with (IE8 maybe?) has better security than previous versions. It may be specifically blocking synthetic inputs to that control. Seems a reasonable security precaution to me.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Most of the machines are running IE7. Is there any way to "trick" it into accepting the click or button press?

Since it appears to be a security feature intended to prevent exactly what you're doing, I hope not. Or at least, I hope it requires specific admin authentication and permissions to implement.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law