I am very very confuse in programing

I have a serious problem & the problem is that I am unable to understand the logic in programing I read a lot of tutorials etc i have concepts of loops, array, functions etc too but when i try to do something any project i get confuse & the main thing in my mind came 1st where to start it doing. Can some one guide me what should i do. If anyone encounter with same situation help me. I do not want to Quit using AutoIt once again because i quit it many times thinking that I cannot write codes & become a normal programmer but every time i quite after some months i return back to it plz help me i do not want to leave it

• Moderators

nokia6300,

I already gave you details of the tutorials that exist for AutoIt in this thread. Have you read through them both and tried all the exercises? ;)

Have you tried running the simpler examples from the Help file to see if you understand what is going on? And then changed something in the code to see if the result is what you think it will be? :blink:

This is how everyone learns. Do not worry about making mistakes - we all did (and some of us still do!). :

Keep at it. :P

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

nokia6300,

I teach chemistry for almost 11 yrs and I don't have a solid background in programming. I started using AutoIt few months ago and I find it extremely useful.

First of all, you have to think very well what your program is suppose to do. Then, think of what do you need (variables, arrays, functions, graphical elements, external files etc). Then put them together. When you're stuck, read the help file, search the forum and, in the end, ask for help.

And about quiting: this is the easiest thing to do!

[edit] I have to say that Autoit is kind of addictive.

Edited by taietel

Well, personally, when I'm trying to create a program or read someone else's code, it helps me when I visualize the data flow and manipulations of the process involved.

Trying to come up with an algorithm isn't that hard when you start with a single goal then slowly break it down into smaller steps until you reach a point where each step is a program instruction. If a task is to complicated at the start, you can break it down into smaller sub-tasks then work from there. Complicated program code is just a sequence of smaller sub routines that give you a desired output after execution.

Making a program is similar to constructing something by hand. You have your tools (programming language, library). You have your materials to work with (data). You just use the tools in what ways you can on the working materials in order to get the end product that you want. The best skills that can help you in programming are problem solving skills and logic.

When learning something, you need to understand how it is you are able to best learn something, then find a way to apply that method to everything you need to learn. You can try constructing visual diagrams or models to help you follow the flow of the program so you can understand more what the code is doing and what it is trying to accomplish.

If you are new to programming and just starting to learn, you should start with simpler pieces of code - like sorting algorithms, simple mathematical and date calculations, or numerical and string manipulation, then branch off from there. You can't expect to comprehend the more complicated stuff with much success without proper grounding and foundation on the basics.

Edited by omikron48

• Developers

Maybe you are Lazy

What is the purpose of this post?

reality check: what do you call this post made by you?

Clearly simply being lazy and just posting the question without doing any research... right?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)