Sorting an Excel Worksheet

I would like to know if there's a UDF for sorting Excel worksheets.

I searched in Forums and found the following thread that references ExcelCOM_UDF.au3

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78386&st=0&p=566283&hl=sort%20%20%20excel&fromsearch=1&#entry566283

However I checked the Downloads section and don't see it.

Does anyone know where this file can be found?

Or perhaps you have other ideas how I may sort an Excel file (without having to automate the keystroke sequence).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sample code would be even better.

Gary

CE101,

1. Check this link out.

2. Download the lates version of AutoIT script here

3. Look in the includes folder for ExcelCOM_udf.au3 and search it for sort and check out your options.

jfcby

Edited by jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

3. Look in the includes folder for ExcelCOM_udf.au3 and the it for sort and check out your options.

Won't find it there. AutoIt never shipped with ExcelCOM_UDF. But it has for a long time had a trimmed down version called Excel.au3. This does not include _ExcelSort(), which is why you don't see it in the help file.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Won't find it there. AutoIt never shipped with ExcelCOM_UDF. But it has for a long time had a trimmed down version called Excel.au3. This does not include _ExcelSort(), which is why you don't see it in the help file.

:blink:

My mistake... I had forgotten that I downloaded the ExcelCOM_UDF from your post #2 link and inserted into my include folder. Thank you PsaltyDS for the correction and reminder.

jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

Thank you PsaltyDS , jfcby , Realm for your responses.

I went to the following link you provided http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34302 and downloaded the file named Excel.zip.

The zip file contains 82 UDFs for Excel (each UDF being a separate file).

One of the files is Excel.au3, which contains 26 UDFs... I think some of them may be included in the 82.

Amongst the 82 files there is one named _ExcelSort.au3.

Unfortunately this file does not contain the UDF code.

The first line of this file says: "NOT WORKING"

Following this is a how-to-use example.

Following this is the UDF description box.

Following this is another how-to-use example - this one is commented out.

Once again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated