AutoIt > C++?

Hey all, me again.

Found this post on the internet: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/general/off-topic/73637-use-autoit-c-programs.html, which explains how to 'use autoit commands in c++'. I've been thinking about converting my autoit script to C++ for a while now (had some problems with people using the autoit decompiler - I would expect that it doesn't decompile C++ exes). Even started learning C++ - stress on started.

Anyways, surely it can't be as easy as what's said on that post (or what I've gathered from it, at least). Would you still have to modify it in terms of the func layouts, includes etc.?

And, hate to ask two questions in one post, but: is C++ more secure than autoit (i.e. in C++, is decompiling an exe as easy as a google search + tool download?)

Thanks.

Edited by J0rdan

C++ is far more secure, but if a hacker wants to figure your code out, they will. It'll just take a more sophisticated hacker.

AutoIt 'compiled' code is just the interpreter bundled with the script inside one executable. In other words - AutoIt doesn't actually compile the code (not even to byte-code) - all the plain-text part of your script is there within the executable, ready for easy extraction.