do I need posts to have an avatar

I want to have an avatar, do I need X amount of posts? How many posts do I need? I went to edit my profile but I couldn't find a way to change my avatar.

I googled it and looked the autoit wiki link. Does anyone know how I can get an avatar on the autoit forum?

• Moderators

songersoft,

Click on the dropdown next to your name at top-right and select <My Settings>. Select <Profile> on the ribbon bar and then <Change Avatar> on the sidebar. :blink:

I look forward to seeing it! :P

M23

P.S. Next time, remember we have a "Chat" section for this sort of question. ;)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Rexkix,

The forum software has be upgraded (or so we are told! :graduated:) since I last posted. Now you click on your name at top-right and select "My Profile". Your avatar should appear to the left of your name and when you place the cursor over it you see a "Change" button appear. Clicking that opens the dialog to change the avatar.

Good luck! ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Hi M23,

Thanks for the welcome. I've seen forum upgrades before and know how they work. One step forward and two steps back. If this is what you've got left after your last time, your old version one must have been able to do miracles. Those blasted engineers.

However, what you say is simply not true. I mouse over my name and see nothing. I go to My Profile, but I do not see this button appear. It seems that post count alone is the only way to escape visual obscurity.

+1

Edited by Rexkix

• Moderators

Rexkix,

what you say is simply not true

Very polite. :graduated:

You obviously will not be wanting me to reply to any of your future requests for help then. ;)

M23

Spoiler

Please accept my apologies. I must have come off wrong because I was only trying to kid around. I'm definitely gonna need help down the road because think this language is rather cool and I'm very new at it. I'll try again.

It is definitely true that when I go to My Profile page and hover the mouse over the empty avatar, nothing happens. I don't see a "Change" button appear. I've tried this in Firefox, IE, and Opera. I honestly believe that this is a forum rule, one that's quite likely reasonable. I do have only 4 posts. That's why I ended many with "+1".

That's why I said what I did about the forum. This place looks great, much better than other forums (on other topics) I use regularly. Forum engineering and enhancing is a tricky business. Somebody's done a good job.

I hope that explains better what I was trying to say. Thanks for your help. I wouldn't have looked there without it. I hope it works when I get a few more posts.

Regards,

+1

EDIT: It's true !! Wishes can come true!! I closed my eyes and wished for an avatar and there it was. Thanks. (5 posts !!) Yay. :graduated:

Edited by Rexkix

• Moderators

Rexkix,

Apology accepted, thank you. :graduated:

Obviously you do need the magic 5 posts! I promise to remember in future. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• 4 months later...