Resizing Of GUI

Hey,

My GUI is too wide for most resolutions (width = 1188, height = 550). To combat this, I've used $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW as the style. It works great on my resolution - where there was no problem anyway - and can be resized manually. When I lower my resolution, however, it completely cuts off most of the options on the right.

I'd hate to have to change the placement of the controls: they look pretty good where they are.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance :blink:.

I'd hate to have to change the placement of the controls: they look pretty good where they are.

Mmm, Yea. Well. In that case. Include some relative percentage variable in the Gui creation process, and zoom the whole thing down (size, positions, fonts) when the screen/desktop res is to small.

More serious suggestion. See if you can reorganize your controls into separate sections/Tabs.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Mmm, Yea. Well. In that case. Include some relative percentage variable in the Gui creation process, and zoom the whole thing down (size, positions, fonts) when the screen/desktop res is to small.More serious suggestion. See if you can reorganize your controls into separate sections/Tabs.

The fonts etc. are pretty tiny as it is. I'll probably just move some of the controls around.

Ugh.

Thanks for the help though, it's appreciated.

Jordan.

You may try play with WinMove(), for resizing GUI and @DesktopHeight, @DesktopWidth, for deciding how big should be GUI. For example: you could take 1024x768, as base width/height and depends from changes change GUI size or just define that your GUI Height must be @DesktopHeight / 1.25 or etc. As always, there are lot of ways to do 1 or other thing, you just need to decide which to choice.

Forgot to add: if you want, that size of buttons or similar things would change, you would need to use GUIResizeMode, also you may define different resize parameters on any GUI element using GUICtrlSetResizing().

About each syntax you may read in help file.

Edited by Makaule