dirCopy dos cmd line alternative

i need to copy about 20 MB dir, but with dircopy (in autoit3) command it takes a lot of time...

can somebody give me a tip, how it can be faster with autoit3?

or

can someone recommend me fast and small prog, with that i could work in dos (xp console) command line?

thanx a lot...

i need to copy about 20 MB dir, but with dircopy (in autoit3) command it takes a lot of time...

can somebody give me a tip, how it can be faster with autoit3?

or

can someone recommend me fast and small prog, with that i could work in dos (xp console) command line?

thanx a lot...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it any faster with xcopy?

Type xcopy /? into an XP Command Prompt window.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Is it any faster with xcopy?

Type xcopy /? into an XP Command Prompt window.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, i know xcopy, but i forgot to write, that i need a free alternative, so i can share it with my scripts...

...can i do that with xcopy (as it is from MS :( )?

btw: xcopy works perfect and relatively fast...

yes, i know xcopy, but i forgot to write, that i need a free alternative, so i can share it with my scripts...

...can i do that with xcopy (as it is from MS  :( )?

btw: xcopy works perfect and relatively fast...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that xcopy goes all the way back to W98, maybe W95... not sure if all of the switches are the same... basic ones should be - maybe others can confirm.

I do not think that MS would take kindly to you including xcopy (a version for each OS) within your script... but then again, how often do you find a system that does not have xcopy installed? So you should not need to "share it" with your scripts.

HotKeySet ("{PAUSE}", "Terminate")

$begin = TimerInit()
DirCopy("C:\OIF\Office-2003", "C:\temp\D-Office-2003")
$dif = TimerDiff($begin)
MsgBox(0,"Time Difference",$dif)

$begin = TimerInit()
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c" & 'xcopy "C:\OIF\Office-2003\*.*" "C:\temp\Office-2003\*.*" /S/E/H')
$dif = TimerDiff($begin)
MsgBox(0,"Time Difference",$dif)

Func Terminate()
   EXIT
EndFunc

On a 400 Meg copy test:

77189 for DirCopy

71044 for xcopy

Your mileage may vary....

I think that xcopy goes all the way back to W98, maybe W95... not sure if all of the switches are the same... basic ones should be - maybe others can confirm.

I do not think that MS would take kindly to you including xcopy (a version for each OS) within your script... but then again, how often do you find a system that does not have xcopy installed? So you should not need to "share it" with your scripts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...i am not shure too if all of the switches are the same in all versions of win... and that is the biggest problem, because i will guarantee, that it works in all versions of win (i can text it only in win xp)

...and just by reason of the incombatibility of switches in versions of win i need to share xcopy (or something else free, or best open source :( ) with my script...

I'm sure that you would rather have a suggestion from someone that has actually used the utility that they are pointing you towards - but in case no one is forthcoming with another tool - take a look at:

ZCOPY v3.5 - XCOPY replacement, copies whole directories and/or files, can skip same files, copies attributes/date and time, copies read/only, hidden and system files, synchronize dirs, conditional date/time copy, and gives more information about the copy process. Freeware. Uploaded by the author. Chris Buijs cbuijs@xs4all.nl

http://www.safesite.com/category.php%5Bact...iteID%5Ddigibuy

I've not used it..............

edit - fixed link

Edited by herewasplato