TYPELIB Viewer

trancexx

The whole code is fascinating to me, and something I will have to study more closely when I understand better.

I've been testing it out on various files and (I dont brandish this word without a warrant) its awsome, absolutey superb.

Top Drawer.

Cheers.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

The whole code is fascinating to me, and something I will have to study more closely when I understand better.

I've been testing it out on various files and (I dont brandish this word without a warrant) its awsome, absolutey superb.

Top Drawer.

Cheers.

It's very hard to follow this kind of code, right?

Thank you for the waves.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• 6 months later...

Very nice/usefull tool trancexx :x

Five stars from me!

I tested in on CDO.Message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdosys.dll

and it works OK and shows also enums,modules, properties/methods descriptions, etc!

That tlb is where you can see incompleteness of the document I based this script on.

I've corrected the code. Try it now and you will see what that "module thing" should print.

Edited by trancexx
test

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• 2 years later...

First off, I wanted to say that this is amazing and it works great. So thank you.

I have one question, I am working on a cleaner of sorts and if they files are there I have no issues.

but if the files are gone and I have the UUID. Is there a easy way to get the Interface ID?

I know I can RegEmunKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesInterface and compare the default value of sub TypeLib to the UUID. This is slow and I prefer to avoid it if possible.

I do not think I saw a way in your code, but I am not strong with COM objects - so I could have overlook it.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by step887

First off, I wanted to say that this is amazing and it works great. So thank you.

I have one question, I am working on a cleaner of sorts and if they files are there I have no issues.

but if the files are gone and I have the UUID. Is there a easy way to get the Interface ID?

I know I can RegEmunKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesInterface and compare the default value of sub TypeLib to the UUID. This is slow and I prefer to avoid it if possible.

I do not think I saw a way in your code, but I am not strong with COM objects - so I could have overlook it.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know because I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you rephrase that?

The script isn't using registry values nor care if the typelib, coclass or interfaces are registered on the system. It just parses tlb format and interprets the data following the linked specs.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I know this is an older post, but I linked to it from GH & S. Great work, wouldn't expect anything less. Thanks for sharing.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!