SftTreeControl32OCX

The app is SmartBits, I believe its a windows app, because I have full control over everything else except this "Results Window" dialog.

Oh, wow. Blast from the past, man! We used to have a SmartBits traffic generator/analyzer, and I went to the Spirent multi-layer devices testing school about eight years ago. We quit testing network hardware around here and haven't touched that stuff in years now.

I wasn't in to AutoIt back then and never tried to automate the manager (under Windows 2000 Pro, back when we had it). The "OCX" implies the control is owner-drawn by an ActiveX plugin, which would be consistent with how the manager used to work (different plugins for the various blades that could be put in the chassis). Since AutoIt is coded to standard off-the-shelf Windows APIs, that may mean you can't use it at all. If Spirent (do they still own SmartBits/have the same name?) has an SDK avaiable it might give you specific windows message and notifications you could work with.

Cheers!

:blink:

Edit: Typo.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law