strange brew

I have these three lines in my script just to show the process has run. Only the 3rd (irtools.txt) gets created no matter what I do the other two will not create the files even though I can run the command in a dos box and it creates the tex files fine

RunWait ("C:\cscirtemp\0506a\xpfix.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\xpfix.txt")

RunWait ("C:\cscirtemp\0506a\2kfix.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\xpfix.txt")

RunWait ("C:\cscirtemp\0506a\irtools.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\irtools.txt")

I have these three lines in my script just to show the process has run.  Only the 3rd (irtools.txt) gets created no matter what I do the other two will not create the files  even though I can run the command in a dos box and it creates the tex files fine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...very strange indeed...

Did you copy/paste exactly the code that you are running? If so, then would be overwriting the first text file - were it working for you.

My next suggestion might not make much sense, but when one is grasping at straws...

...try running the first of the three lines above in a script by itself...

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

It is cut and pasted exactly and when I paste it in a command prompt it works perfect

...very strange indeed...

Did you copy/paste exactly the code that you are running? If so, then would be overwriting the first text file - were it working for you.

My next suggestion might not make much sense, but when one is grasping at straws...

...try running the first of the three lines above in a script by itself...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have these three lines in my script just to show the process has run.  Only the 3rd (irtools.txt) gets created no matter what I do the other two will not create the files  even though I can run the command in a dos box and it creates the tex files fine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try

RunWait (@ComSpec & " /C C:\cscirtemp\0506a\xpfix.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\xpfix.txt")
RunWait (@ComSpec & " /C C:\cscirtemp\0506a\2kfix.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\xpfix.txt")
RunWait (@ComSpec & " /C C:\cscirtemp\0506a\irtools.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\irtools.txt")

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My guess is the second write to the file xpfix.txt is happening too fast, causing the second write to fail, effectively deleting the file.

Change the filename of the second file to 2kfix.txt instead, so there's no attempt to write to the same file twice in a row, and see if you still have missing files.

I've run into this before...GaFrost is right about the double >> to append new text to a file. Also, you can write too fast...put some Sleep() inbetween those three lines or use FileOpen() and FileReadLine() to open three seperate logfiles and join them into one.

On my Athlon 64 3800, MS-DOS commands execute under 1/10 of a second.

thanks guys I thank you much I will try it in the am

Try

RunWait (@ComSpec & " /C C:\cscirtemp\0506a\xpfix.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\xpfix.txt")
RunWait (@ComSpec & " /C C:\cscirtemp\0506a\2kfix.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\xpfix.txt")
RunWait (@ComSpec & " /C C:\cscirtemp\0506a\irtools.exe >C:\cscirtemp\0506a\logs\irtools.txt")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>