Compiled script start as service

• Developers

Could you elaborate please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

come on... this is as clear as mud :(

Seriously: As far as running a program as a service, you can do that with srvany.

Here's a MSoft KB doc on it

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

or try FireDaemon, which can convert virtually "erverything" into a service.

Google Search for Firedaemon

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

come on... this is as clear as mud  :(

Seriously: As far as running a program as a service, you can do that with srvany.

Here's a MSoft KB doc on it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...you like that phrase do ya? I do not know where I picked it up from, but it fits some of my posts.

The link that I posted uses srvany also, but my link is better than your link, mine has pictures. (insert childish taunt here)

I just want to know how task manager can help out. I'll drop it now.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Hello,

just some explanations :

The task manager doesn't create a special service for the .exe, like srvany.

So if we want an independant service for the .exe, JdeB is all right.

Now if we only want that the .exe start at the startup of the machine, without creating a special service for it, we can use the task manager.

I don't know if what I'll say is true with all Windows versions, but with 2000 and XP, we can select the fact that the task begin at the startup of the machine. (cf picture).

So the app is launched by the service named "Schedule" at the startup.

Now it's OK with app which not interact with pop-up, GUI ..., else the app is launched but does not appear.

For this case I use an external program : psexec with the option -i to interact with the active session (if someone is logged of course).

So in this case I plan psexec \\machine -i -d -s nameapp.exe (cf www. sysinternals.com )

I use this way to launch some monitoring tools on web server and it runs perfectly.

So now Saunders, if you still think that I'm crazy, welcome to this crazy world :(

I looked at the screenshot, but all it looks like is some really weird foreign language, like Dutch, Apache, or even Urdu. I tried translating it through Google, but all it did was spit out satanic messages about frogs falling from the sky. :(

PS sylvanie. Merci de l'information. Ayez un jour plaisant. :(

Edited by TrystianSky

...I have said " Task Manager" instead of "Task Scheduler"...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@sylvanie,

I glanced through several of your other posts before asking you for more info about your suggested solution - doing that gives me a feel for who I am "talking to". I admire anyone that can speak/write more than one language. It maybe common place for most of you in this forum, but in my little world, I'm surrounded by those who can only speak English.

The original post was to have something run while not logged in, so running "it" as a scheduled task may work. I have always used Task Scheduler and have never had to create a service... I suppose that the day will come when I want something to run all of the time as a service, but until then, Task Scheduler will do just fine.

Thanks for your input.

Hey Carlos, are you still out there?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Ok, I'm actually going to try to be helpful again. :(

There is also a program that I have used in the past called "Application as Service" produced by Eltima Software for Windows 2000/XP/2003. (14-day trial version demo)

Of course you can use srvany.exe and instsrv.exe from the Win2k Resource kit (also attached to this message), with help from the Microsoft Knowledge base article (Q137890).

And here is links to the tools mentioned earlier:

Firedaemon

PSExec.exe

:(

RunasService.zip-T

Edited by TrystianSky

Just put a registry value into the HKLM registry hive.

RegWrite()

"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run" is the folder (or w/e its called) to place a key in, just make a key, and use @FullScriptPath(?) as the value

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())