Hi all, question with clicking in a window

Okay so before I start, let me begin by saying im 100% new to programming. I choose to use autoit as my first language as I heard its fairly basic, had a few people tell me to choose a "real language", but frankly im happy where im at for starting.

anyways, Im a computer tech by career and hobby, and what got me into programming was thinking "man, itd be sweet if i could automate these basic virus removals 100%", and here i am.

Currently I'm stuck at a problem though:

I am attempting to automate Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org) with the following as the idea:

1. check the status of malwarebytes:

-if not installed, it will install and run

-if installed, it will run

-if currently running, it will take control

2. update malwarebytes to latest updates

3. run full scan

ive been able to get step 1 completely done, and im sure i can do step 3, but im completely stuck on step 2.

There is no hotkey (ie alt + _) to swap its tabs, using the window tool i see no information about the tabs, so the only thing i can think of to do is to automate mouseclicks.

could someone either tell me if thats the only/bet way (you can download malwarebytes at www.malwarebytes.org to check) to update the software?

if so, could you please help me figure out how to designate mouseclicks based on the window? i know how to make it click at x,y, but obviously if the window isnt always in the exact same palace, its going to mess up. I have no clue how to designate it to run x,y cordinates WITHIN the malwarebytes window itself :blink:

also, please be as exact and simple as you can, possibly with an example, cause im very very new at this

thanks all ;) cant wait to share my program with everyone

Have you tried a simple ControlClick?

not very knowledgeable with anything beyond if/then/while/sends atm, but from what i know with controlclick, dont i have to get some describing info for it to know where to click? i cant seem to find any

as i said, my initial idea was to mouseclick("left"x,y) but i dont know how to designate it to make the click via inside the window, instead of just on my desktop itself