right Align button text

Zest

Hello,

I have a really weird problem with creating buttons on a GUI. I want to right align text on the edit buttons ($Editbutton[]), but somehow it's not working and the text is centered.

When I create a test button outside of the for/next loop ($Testbutton), the button text is right aligned correctly!?

Below is this section of the code. Does anyone have a clue what causes this behaviour? Many thanks in advance!

$Testbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("TEST", 0, 0 , 150, 30, $BS_RIGHT)
    For $file_count = 1 To $NumOfFiles - 2 Step 1
        If $config_file[$file_count] <> "NotFound" Then
            $Editbutton[$file_count] = GUICtrlCreateButton($config_filevar[$file_count] & $config_file[$file_count], 40, 170 + (44 * ($file_count - 1)), 320, 30, $BS_RIGHT)
            GUICtrlSetTip(-1,$config_filevar[$file_count] & $config_file[$file_count])
            GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $DefaultBackgroundColour)
            GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $DefaultTextColour)
            $Editbuttonindex[$file_count] = GUICtrlCreateButton("&" & $file_count, 10, 170 + (44 * ($file_count - 1)), 25, 30, $BS_FLAT)
            GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $DefaultBackgroundColour)
            GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $DefaultTextColour)
        EndIf
    Next

• Moderators

Zest,

As soon as you colour the $Editbutton[] buttons you loose all text formatting. This is a longterm bug which cannot be fixed without rewriting the base GUI code - and therefore never will be in AutoIt 3. ;)

Solution: Do not colour buttons, or do not use aligned text. :P

Sorry not to be more helpful - to make up for it here are 2 tips: :blink:

- 1. There is usually no point in using the $BS_FLAT style unless you remove any themes on the button like this:

$hButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 10, 50, 80, 30)
DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle($hButton), "wstr", 0, "wstr", 0)
GUICtrlSetStyle($hButton, $BS_FLAT)

- 2. I am not sure if you are using the "&" on the $Editbuttonindex[] buttons to set the accelerator keys or not. If you are - then you are doing it correctly. If you actually wanted the "&" to appear on the button, you need to double it like this:

$Editbuttonindex[$file_count] = GUICtrlCreateButton("&&" & $file_count, 10, 170 + (44 * ($file_count - 1)), 25, 30)

So it might only be the one tip after all! :

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@Melba23

Thank you very much for the answer! This was starting to drive me mad ... :blink:!

Also thank you for the tips:

1) I have been playing with styles on the buttons and forgot to remove the $BS_FLAT. It shows them in '3D' style now, which is actually what I always wanted :-)

Nevertheless I didn't know about what you wrote.

2) The '&' On the button is to set accelerator key, so it is correct the way it is.

Best regards,

Wouter