Prevent script bypass

Hello!

I have a program, and when the user registers it, it will receive back (from the registration server) a date that tells it when the user's subscription ends. My program will store that date, and when the subscription ends I would like for the program to stop working and prompt the user for new registration info. However, this would be done using AutoIt's date functions, and from skimming over the internet I've learned that subscription dates can be bypassed whenever the user sets back their clock. Is there a way to resolve or prevent this from happening? Thanks in advance!

I can think of a couple ways to do it - none of them very elegant but could work:

- if the computer has Internet access - get the time from a time server anywhere and don't use the system time.

- if no Internet access: write a registry key with the last date/time when the program was used. When program starts, read the date from registry, compare with system time and if system time < last run time = exit.

You can actually make a script using these 2 ideas.

Just my 2 cents.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Maybe this is SPAM, but there are many Antyviruses what checking registry from changes etc. (like ArcaVir)

I suggest to:

1. Find FTP functions

2. Write file with END date of user on YOUR hard disk

3. Send that file into some specyfic folder on FTP

4. Link to user that file from FTP =]

I am not sure if that you want, but try to send this dates on FTP, not on user computer

Edited by Sobiech

This world is crazy