Zoom Question

I'm trying to write a variant to all the magnification code on this forum. I've been searching for a while and came up with some ideas, but nothing concrete, yet.

Ok, down to the matter at hand. What I'm trying to do is automatically go to a website that has a flash game on it, re-size/move the IE window if necessary and magnify it so I can see it on my TV. I've got that working (kinda) by using the script that myspacee used in the original post on this link. But, what I'm having a difficult time doing is having the source window in the background or hidden, so it can't be seen. How do I keep the IE window in the background or hidden while magnifying the flash game on it?

Thanks for the help.

If you just want to zoom the entire game to like full-screen, you can just get the Shockwave Flash Standalone Player from this download link (latest version: 10_1r53_64). Look in that zip archive, under 'fp10_archive\10_1r53_64', and find the executable ending in 'win_sa.exe'. Run that, load the URL for the flash game (or save the flash game locally and run that), and zoom/maximize/full-screen the game. Its still a wonder to me why Adobe won't release that application publically.

Nice find, Ascend4nt. I never knew Adobe had that available. Thanks. It doesn't really work for my purposes, though since the flash game isn't scalable. I can zoom in, but I'm limited to a 512x480 screen, no matter what zoom percentage I get to. So, I'm kinda forced to go the scripting route.

Is there any way to lock onto a window, regardless of its location and show the zoomed results of it in a window that has top attributes over the original source?

I think in this post you have your magnification code. If you want to only zoom a specific GUI, just set that as the initial hwnd for the 'GetDC' API call.

You can't really magnify a hidden window or an obscured one though - but if you offset it - or put it on another monitor, that's a good solution.