All of a sudden

JohnOne

I'm not certain that this is an Autoitx related problem, but I think this is the right place to post.

Yesterday I created some projects using AutoitX as dll, using VC++ Express.

Nothing fancy, just some mouse functions and opening, sending text to, and closing notepad.

Today, I opened the project and none of the functions work, it just runs through the proccess in debug mode with no errors but no functions are carried out.

The executable I made from the project yesterday still works.

Just wondering if anyone has had something like this or knows what could be at fault.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Punishment for that sin can be put off for another day.

I've never used AutoItX so I am going to stab in the dark. Does Visual C++ know where to look for the dll. Or has the location not moved?

No, because the exe still works. Hummmm,.....

How recent is the exe? ... If you were to recompile, would the exe still work?

Thanks.

I clean, and rescan project after changing anything.

Its weird, I've spent an hour checking I havent altered anything in my firewall and suchlike.

Im a terrible paranoid, and pessimist, and truly believe that free stuff is built to fuck you up and hope you buy the full dealy.

So Im going to get pro or ultimate and see if that makes a difference.

Ive noted while testing that, if I change the subsystem from console to win32 or back, the path I define to AutoItX3.lib disappears, and I have to add it again.

I,ve also spotted that even though files are in the solution I have to manually add them or they sometimes fail.

<digress> C++ is a right royal pain in the balls, I had to get up to "Classes" in the tutorials before I could begin to understand how to deal with a string. (probably for the best) Anyway Im hooked now and on a mission. If in 12 months I get C++ as I do Autoit, I'll be happy. </diress>

I only wanted to learn enough to use the dll :blink:

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Visual Studio Express is basically the same as the full versions except that it has separate programs for each language tool and doesn't support addons.

I see, thanks Richard.

scriptomator, thanks for the link, I'll get to know the one I've got before trying something else, as its 99.9% that my problem is user error.

HEY!!!!!!!!!! i am trying to learn C++ ,and i know a C++ editor that is free!!!

no bull s**t free and professional version

here is the link

Code Blocks V10.05

Thanks so much for this link. I've been wanting to expand to more common programming languages (but haven't yet). I have classes scheduled for school on C++, java and .Net they just haven't started yet.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!