Windows Registry Help

Hi Guys,

I am making a custom reg. cleaner for a shitty software we have.

So at the moment we need to start a regedit search and manually delete registry keys so i am thinking of automating . But lets say i search for "ContainerPlugin.ChatRoom" and i got a result :

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\[s]{09C02E1B-2C51-4256-B127-BD9A4D11B2A8}\VersionIndependentProgID]
@="ContainerPlugin.ChatRoom"[/s]

I would like to delete the whole folder up to "CLSID\"

But next found it would be:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\test\shell\open\command]

string="ContainerPlugin.ChatRoom"

How can i implement that? I mean to determine from the result i got that i need to delete the whole : "test" folder?

Search for RegSearch() in the example forums. You can parse the string with StringInStr(), StringLeft(), etc., or by StringRegExp().

:blink:

P.S. Be careful and error check your results before making changes to the registry.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi Psalty , i know how to do everything in autoit - just dont know how to logically build it:

I mean that if i have this:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{09C02E1B-2C51-4256-B127-BD9A4D11B2A8}\VersionIndependentProgID]
@="ContainerPlugin.ChatRoom"
and want to delete it to be like

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\

but with the next search i would get something like:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\test\shell\open\command]string="ContainerPlugin.ChatRoom"

and want to delete it to be like:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

How can i do that logically so i can avoid deleting something not supposed to?

How can i do that logically so i can avoid deleting something not supposed to?

VERY carefully.

There isn't a single catch-all answer to that. You would have to identify for every possible result how far up the path you want to delete, then generalize that into a rule set. It will be difficult, and hazardous to the stability of your Windows install if you screw up.

One thing that would help is if you can limit the RegSearch to specific parts of the registry where you know exactly how far up you want. If you assume the results could be found anywhere in the registry, the rule set is going to be complicated, and therefore error prone.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law