UltraEdit syntax file for AutoIt 3.1.1

I've created an UltraEdit syntax file for AutoIt 3.1.1

The abbreviated Block comments #cs and #ce are supported, but the full ones are not, due to a limitation in UltraEdit's syntax highlighting.

Turning off quoted string recognition goobers up your strings, but allows highlighting of function options and key codes, if you're so inclined.

AU3WORDFILE.TXT

If you like UltraEdit, then you should have a look in this site's thread here. Some files are also created for UltraEdit. May save you some time, in recreating ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, since I've already done it, there's not time to be saved.

However in order to download that file I have to register with yet another forum AND download and install a RAR utility. Too much effort, I'm lazy.

:(

• 1 year later...

Does it work for the latest version? Thanks~

I have updated my AutoIt4UE program with the latest wordfile. You can get it here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13998

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

I have updated my AutoIt4UE program with the latest wordfile. You can get it here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13998

That's really cool. SciTE is great and all, but I too prefer UltraEdit.

I had two problems with it, though.

Clicking on the GUIBuilder toolbar icon pastes whatever is in my clipboard. And clicking on the Debug icon produces this error:

---------------------------
Error creating process
File Not Found: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\xcal\My Documents\Autoit\test2.au3
OK   

Both files exist, and are in the locations mentioned in the error. A weird thing in the error message, is that there is a set of quotes in the middle, but not on the ends?

That's really cool. SciTE is great and all, but I too prefer UltraEdit.

I had two problems with it, though.

Clicking on the GUIBuilder toolbar icon pastes whatever is in my clipboard. And clicking on the Debug icon produces this error:

Error creating process
File Not Found: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt Debugger\AutoIt Debugger.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\xcal\My Documents\Autoit\test2.au3
OK   

Both files exist, and are in the locations mentioned in the error. A weird thing in the error message, is that there is a set of quotes in the middle, but not on the ends?

I have fixed both of these problems in the new version (1.6.1). Thanks for letting me know.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the file.

There is one problem I've experienced so far is: quotes. Since AU3 doesn't have "common" escape character ( \ ) it makes syntax highlighting a little problematic. For example, when you have something like this

$blah = "\"
syntax highlighting will show the rest of the code as its a string, because it thinks that \" is not closing quote, but an escaped quote.

To solve this problem I've replaced first line with this:

/L20"AutoIT v3.1.1" String Chars = "' Escape Char = Line Comment =; Block Comment On = #cs Block Comment Off = #ce Nocase File Extensions = AU3
(added Escape Char = )

The rest "incompatibilities" I can live with.

Thank you again.

Edited by vanowm