Gobby syntax highlighter

First of all, if you haven't tried Gobby - try it. It works particularly well in combination with SouthRiver WebDrive and Allway Sync, but is a beautiful thing itself. It allows for collaborative editing of files (simultaneous editing of same file, with highlighting of other user's location/edits, etc.).

Anyway, Gobby has syntax highlighting for MANY languages ... but not AutoIt.

I have made a .lang file to enable AutoIt highlighting. It is attached to this post. Put it in your equivalent of this directory, with Gobby *closed*: C:\Program Files (x86)\Gobby-0.5\share\gtksourceview-2.0\language-specs

This is a somewhat early version - and quite possibly all I'll ever do - but it's actually almost perfectly functional.

Known limitations:

#include directives (anything starting with #) are highlighted same as comments

#cs ... #ce / #comment-start ... #comment-end is not working (it IS possible). This creates some issues (i.e. if there's what would be interpreted as an open-ended string within the comment block).

A very few reserved words are missing (Opt)

Highlighting of builtins/udfs is case sensitive (i.e. GuiCtrlSetData will not highlight, but GUICtrlSetData will) - I do not know of a way around this

Some udfs are missing (won't highlight) - this is due to some inherent limitation on number of keywords. Cleaning up the .lang file MIGHT help with this (ability to add more, if probably not all).

Let me know if you have any issues or make any improvements.

Edited by AdamCollet

wrong forum

and yes Gobby is really nice but it didn't work for me after I installed Windows 7

Suggest the proper one, perhaps? Or just here to nag, not actually be helpful?

Gobby working perfectly for me on Win7, 64 bit (and my friend 32 bit). Old version perhaps?