If and or syntax

I have an If statement that I am getting an error on. The error is on the Or statement

If $title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" Or                  ;32bit
    $title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files(x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" Then      ;64bit
;Something I do when it's correct
ElseIf $title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = $ProgramFiles & "FireFox\" Then
;Something I do when it's not correct
Else
;It didn't find what it's supposed to
EndIf
Edited by docfxit

I have an If statement that I am getting an error on. The error is on the Or statement

If $title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" Or                  ;32bit
    $title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files(x86)\Mozilla Firefox\" Then      ;64bit
ElseIf $title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = $ProgramFiles & "FireFox\" Then
Else
EndIf

may want to use parentheses to group your conditions, what exactly is the error you're getting?

may want to use parentheses to group your conditions, what exactly is the error you're getting?

Sorry I didn't include the exact wording. It says.

Error: "If" statements must have a Then Keyword.

It's stopping on the line with the Or at the end.

Thanks,

Docfxit

I fixed two errors.

If ($title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" Or ($title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\") Then
Else
EndIf

One error I fixed is I put both lines onto one line. I guess I don't know how to continue a statement onto a second line.

Second I didn't have a space before (x86) "C:\Program Files (x86)"

It's fixed now.

Thanks,

Docfxit

Edited by docfxit

..I guess I don't know how to continue a statement onto a second line.

Use & _ (ampersand, space, underscore)

$string = "This is text that's not really too long, and, " & _
"This is more text"
ConsoleWrite($string & @LF)

; This may work..

If ($title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" Or & _
    ($title = "Mozilla Firefox Setup " And $TextLine[8] = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\") Then
Edited by somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.