Install pack

May be this might help...Make sure you change the locations below to match your situation, e.g. $origdirect and $copydirect.

$origdirect = "X:\Printers\Lexmark2455\"
$copydirect = "C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\"
If FileExists ($copydirect) then 
   If msgbox(1, "Copy", "The specified directory exists--Are you sure you want to replace the files?") = 2 Then Exit
   CopyFolder($origdirect, $copydirect)
Else
   If msgbox(1, "Create Location and Copy", "The specified directory does not exist. Would you like to create it and copy files?") = 1 then
         DirCreate ($copydirect)
         CopyFolder($origdirect, $copydirect)
   Else
      Exit
   EndIf
EndIf
Func CopyFolder($Folder1, $Folder2)
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy /e /h /y "' & $Folder1 & '" "' & $Folder2 & '"', "", @SW_HIDE)
Msgbox(0,"Create/Copy", "All files have been copied successfully.")
EndFunc

Hello

i have few driver files

hpcabout.dll, hpclj.ini,HPCJRR.DLL etc 16 files in folder

i want to install all in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3

like file installing extracting file

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about something like this:

DIM $FilesToCopy[18]
$FilesToCopy[0] = 17
$FilesToCopy[1]="hpcabout.dll"
$FilesToCopy[2]="HPCFONT.DLL"
$FilesToCopy[3]="HPCJRR.DLL"
$FilesToCopy[4]="HPCJRUI.DLL"
$FilesToCopy[5]="hpclj.ini"
$FilesToCopy[6]="hpcljx.hlp"
$FilesToCopy[7]="hpcstr.dll"
$FilesToCopy[8]="HPLJM320.bud"
$FilesToCopy[9]="HPLJM320.gpd"
$FilesToCopy[10]="hpoemui.dll"
$FilesToCopy[11]="pcl5eres.dll"
$FilesToCopy[12]="STDNAMES.gpd"
$FilesToCopy[13]="ttfsub.gpd"
$FilesToCopy[14]="UNIDRV.hlp"
$FilesToCopy[15]="UNIDRV.DLL"
$FilesToCopy[16]="UNIDRVUI.DLL"
$FilesToCopy[17]="UNIRES.DLL"

ProgressOn ( @Scriptname, "Copying Files...", "", -1, 0, 16 )
For $i = 1 To $FilesToCopy[0]
    ProgressSet ( $i/$FilesToCopy[0], @ScriptName, "Copying file " & $i & " of " & $FilesToCopy[0] )
    FileCopy ( $FilesToCopy[$i], @SystemDir & "\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\" & $FilesToCopy[$i], 1 )
Next

probably need to use Xcopy with the switches /e /h /r /y...I suspected that you would need to write/overwrite read-only files.

Open up a command prompt and checkout Xcopy...It is easily configured and has much more capability than FileCopy().

thanks jerryd

one more problem some dll not overwriting bec it work for other purpose any way to force overwirte dll

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's two possiblities. First is that the files(s) in the target are flagged Read Only. Add

FileSetAttrib ( $FilesToCopy[$i], "-SHR" )

before the file copy operation.

The other possibility is that the file is in use. If that's the case, it MIGHT be the spool service that's got them open. If that's the case, then stopping the spool service before the copy operation, and restarting it after it's done. If that doesn't fix it, you'd need to replace the files after a reboot. Sysinternals has a neat utility called Movefile.exe ( SysInternals PendMove Utility ) which is part of their PendMoves package ( PendMoves.zip ) that can do this. First you'd need to install the utility with a simple FileInstall ( "MoveFile.exe", @SystemDir & "\MoveFile.exe" ). Get the return value from the FileCopy operation: $Ret = Filecopy ( ... and then

If $Ret = 0 Then
     FileCopy ( $FilesToCopy[$i], @TemDir & "\" & $FilesToCopy[$i], 1 )
     RunWait ( @ComSpec & " /c " & @SystemDir & "\MoveFile.exe " & @TemDir & "\" & $FilesToCopy[$i], @SystemDir & "\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\" & $FilesToCopy[$i], @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE )
EndIf

• 2 years later...

I have Printer Laser Jet 1200se.

Install drivers and system alert!

Because no have this files.

hpcstr.dll

hpcstr.dll

hpclix.hlp

hpcljx.hpl

hpcmacro.gpd

hpcfont.gpd

HPLJ1200.GPD

TTFSUB.GPD

UNIDRV.HLP

Who have this file send comback at Sawasdee_ctc@hotmail.com .

Please.

I hope whois help me.

Thank a lot.

• 2 months later...

This whole concept leaves me with a nagging feeling. I'm pretty sure that a couple of those files are registered as Shared Dll files and in that case it would be more prudent to un-register them first and to re-register them when the files are copied. Otherwise you can get some weird error messages happening.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 1 month later...

I have Printer Laser Jet 1200se.

Install drivers and system alert!

Because no have this files.

hpcstr.dll

hpcstr.dll

hpclix.hlp

hpcljx.hpl

hpcmacro.gpd

hpcfont.gpd

HPLJ1200.GPD

TTFSUB.GPD

UNIDRV.HLP

Who have this file send comback at Sawasdee_ctc@hotmail.com .

Please.

I hope whois help me.

Thank a lot.

I am in the same pickle=dent as Tonyumkung... Any way that any one can assist a dork in getting this here conundrum rectified?1? Currently attending college, and nedded to have my Laser 1200 running last week. Preempt Domo Ari-gato for ANY assistance...

Sincerely;

bninyah...