Accessing javascript button

Hi All,

I need to press a button in a web site which is built with java script, yahoo framework, CSS and Ajax.

The button is definitely not a simple html button.

Using the IE8 developer tools "Find control" facility I got the to the following line in the, probably, server code created line:

<td title="Raise Hand" class="toolbarButtonEmoticon13" id="IDS_WEBUI_BTN_RHAND" noWrap="nowrap" style="cursor: default; disabled: false;" onmouseover="OmBtnMouseOverEmoticon(this, document.getElementById('idEmoticonList'))" onmouseout="OmBtnMouseOutEmoticon(this, document.getElementById('idEmoticonList'))" onclick="g_oWPUIManager.oWPUIToolbarManager.onEmoticon(g_WPDefines.EMOTICON_BUTTON_ID)" enableState="13" state="13">

I tried to get the button object using many ways:

_IE_GetObjByID, IE_GetObjByName, using the title, using the id, but I always got 0.

I even tried _IEImgClick since there is an image on the button.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

What is the full path to that TD tag? Is it inside a form, nested forms? In a frame? If you tried something like this:

$oRaiseHand = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "IDS_WEBUI_BTN_RHAND")

What did you use for $oForm and how did you get it?

Add _IEErrorHandlerRegister() and run it in SciTE to see the errors. If that page is loaded in a frame from another site, you see ACCESS DENIED due to cross-site scripting protection.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I am really exhausted...

I am attaching part of the HTML which is generated on the server.

There is no form in the page.

I need to click on the button with the title "RAISE_HAND" . It is inside the first td.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!

post-56238-12798047548299_thumb.jpg

Edited by dushkin

OK, there's no form. But you think the iFrame, FrameSet, Frame, relationship might be significant? :blink:

You only posted a sliver of the source, so most of the ID attributes were not shown, but you have to:

1. Get the iFrame with $oIFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "<put iFrame id here>")

2. Get the FrameSet under that with $oFrameset = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIFrame, "<put frameset id here>")

3. Get the frame you want with $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oFrameset, "frWP")

4. Now you can get the element you want with $oRaiseHand = _IEGetObjByName($oFrame, "IDS_WEBUI_BTN_RHAND")

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

OK, there's no form. But you think the iFrame, FrameSet, Frame, relationship might be significant? :blink:

You only posted a sliver of the source, so most of the ID attributes were not shown, but you have to:

1. Get the iFrame with $oIFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "<put iFrame id here>")

2. Get the FrameSet under that with $oFrameset = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIFrame, "<put frameset id here>")

3. Get the frame you want with $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oFrameset, "frWP")

4. Now you can get the element you want with $oRaiseHand = _IEGetObjByName($oFrame, "IDS_WEBUI_BTN_RHAND")

;)

Dear Psalty,

The general method you offered was the one I was thinking about.

The problem is that I don't have an id or name attribute to the frameset and hence I am stuck. I do have for example onload, or others as you can see.

Is there another way?

Many thanks!

You don't need a name. Use the 0-based index. For example, the first frameset (or frame) under $oIFrame would be _IEFrameGetCollection($oIFrame, 0).

:blink: