Configuring McAfee 8.7i

Hello again. I'm trying to write the second half of a script that will install and configure McAfee 8.7i and then configure it to our company's settings. The problem I'm running into is in the portion of the settings seen below in the attached file, they don't use regular check boxes and as such I can't seem to do anything with them. Compounding the problem is that I can't seem to find any keyboard shortcuts to get the boxes to check (I tried Alt+the entire keyboard, I think. it seems to be mouse click only). Also, the window and the interactive parts of the window resize based on the screen resolution but don't let me resize them (so on some widescreen machines I get the scroll down slider on the side of the check boxes).

So yeah. I'm not sure how to go about this one. Since the resolution of the window changes per machine, I'm wary of using any kind of mouse emulation, especially when suddenly there is a slider on some and not others. I thought about moving the selection down with the keyboard and then having autoit try to follow the selection and clicking on what's selected, but i'm not sure if I can do that or if it's possible. At this point, all I can get autoit to do is highlight the entire line and change which line is selected.

The rest of the McAfee settings use regular windows and check boxes and fields, so they're not a problem. Just the access protection properties. =\

Any thoughts of what I should use to do this?

All I can tell you about that window is what the Window Info tool got for me:

Window Info:

Title: Access Protection Properties

Class: #32770

Control Info (Of the control I am trying to work with):

Class: SysListView32

Instance: 2

ClassnameNN: SysListView322

Advanced Mode: [CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:2]

ID: 1104

Position: 273, 110

Size: 408, 167

Style: 0x5013080D

ExStyle: 0x00000204

Handle: 0x12D101CA

post-58385-12797501692771_thumb.png

Edited by squid808

What about this: Is there a way that I can use the keyboard to change a selection, use a pixel search to follow it and a mouse click to make the selection, and repeat? The only issue is that over different themes the selection will be a different color, right?