Authentication through email

I have my form setup with 2 input boxes (username, password) and a login button. How would I check if the username and password will login to an email? I'm making a program and I want to set it up so that only people from my school can access it so they have to login to their school email accounts but I'm not sure on how I can do a check to see if the login information is a valid email account.

How so? I want it to check if the email\password works to login to the email. I'll use hotmail for an example, how would I make it check if the email\password is a valid combination to a hotmail account, it the email\password will login, then the program runs, if not, an error message pops up.

• Developers

Ok so you want people from your school to identify themselves by specifying their HOTMAIL email credentials and when the login works the "program" will run.

yeap ... clear.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

OMG LOL.

$Input1 = the email

$Input2 = the password

$Button1 = makes the script check if $Input1 and $Input2 successfully login to the email or not

That is what I said... now give me a simple WHY and WHAT it is your really want to do that requires this over complex authentication method.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

You cannot go around asking people to type their hotmail userid and password to give them access to features on a PC.

Only when you control the userid&passwords, like an AD account from school, you are allowed to request the authentication with it.

So why are you not using that since you are using OWA already which means they have AD accounts... right?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I have no access to the AD accounts, all I need it to do it check if it logs in successfully or not :\

So are you going to have other students type their own userid and password for hotmail?

And what are you going to run after they passed?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

My school has their own email system, not hotmail. They type in their school email and password to gain access to the program.

Did you stop and think for one second when thinking this through what that means for security/privacy?

This would allow you to capture all this information in the script.

EDIT: removed your post to first finish this fundamental discussion.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Well first, I'm not putting a keylogger in here (which is what you're suggesting). And second, it's just a school email account that nobody ever uses anyways..

I didn't say you did... just that is would allow you... which is enough to stop here.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

So this page of useless argument was for nothing.. why did you bother posting if you had no means of giving me any sort or help or answer :\

I help when it is legitimate and tried to give you more than a fair chance to give me a good reason for this.

Since you haven't and only told me you want to screw around with PC's not owned by you but school and you want other student to type their private userid and password in YOUR script it is clear to me you do not deserve any support here but we probably should notify your school.

I hope I am clear for you this time and that you will draw your own conclusions.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.