Memory Reading

Hi, I'm new to AutoIt, I used to use AutoHotKey for everything, but now that I have taken an interest in modifying applications memory AHK is now useless.

Anyways, onto the topic.

I just recently started playing World of Warcraft again, for the soul purpose to see if it was possible to create a working bot that can run off values from the games memory. I use Cheat Engine to fine the Values. which works fine. As a test I've found Health value address and created the following script for it:

#include <NomadMemory.au3>

$ID = _MemoryOpen(ProcessExists ( "WoW.exe" ))

$Address=0x2EA5FF90

While 1

$CurrentHP=_MemoryRead($Address,$ID)

If $CurrentHP< 5000 Then

Send ( "9" , 1 ) ; The "9" is a keystroke that sends a heal in game, so just think of it as a way to get back above 5000.

Sleep ( 3000 )

EndIf

WEnd

(this script is a modified version of the one shown on " http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55095 ")

It Works Great, however I've noticed that each time I switch the character I'm playing on, or restart the game the Health address changes, I'm sure you can see where this is going. Basically I want to know if its possible to have it find the health value address without having to look it up each time.

And again, I'm new to AutoIt, so please bear with me. :blink:

Hello, World!... LAME lol

Mate, you need to read this http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showannouncement=11&f=2

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Ok, lets say this isn't a game, its a theoretical idea for educational use only. Don't bother looking at the hole "game" thing. Lets just say, I am just interested in the learning aspect, then would you be able to help me.

So at this point I Just was wondering, is it possible to isolate a PID address that changes each time.

Again, not for the use of bots, ext. Simply to know how to do it for future reference, incase I ever decide to use it for somthing other then breaking a games Terms of Agreement.

I see you trolling on other people forums also, after getting ban on WoW just recently... my question still exists to my problem, is it possible to calculate "PID" addresses with accuracy, I don't need people like you E1M1 that are no help at all, so if your going to be an annoying troll then please go find another thread to spam on, I don't want people telling me things I already know, just people who can help.

• Developers

I see you trolling on other people forums also, after getting ban on WoW just recently... my question still exists to my problem, is it possible to calculate "PID" addresses with accuracy, I don't need people like you E1M1 that are no help at all, so if your going to be an annoying troll then please go find another thread to spam on, I don't want people telling me things I already know, just people who can help.

Don't need this here ... this is both attitude and subject!

*click*

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)