Desktop Gadget

taietel

I've made some programs for school and wanted to put them on the desktop like gadgets in Win7, for handy use. This is a sample gadget, with some controls on it.

In the zip file are two files: main script and an include file with the icon library. If you use your own icons, you don't need the second (don't forget to make changes in the main script, where the icons are stated!).

I hope it helps!

M.Iancu

EDIT: Added some improvements (replacements for buttons, status-bar, custom messagebox...)

EDIT: "Fixed" listview's scrollbar (replace it with a custom one)

SampleGadget.zip

Edited by taietel

I've made some programs for school and wanted to put them on the desktop like gadgets in Win7, for handy use. This is a sample gadget, with some controls on it.

In the zip file are two files: main script and an include file with the icon library. If you use your own icons, you don't need the second (don't forget to make changes in the main script, where the icons are stated!).

I hope it helps!

M.Iancu

That is very cool. Nice work. I will have to take a closer look when I get home.

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Thanks dantay9! Modify it to suit your needs. I will try to make some kind of UDFs, but when I have a little more time. In the meantime, ask if something is unclear.

An example of Photo Gadget (here: source, dll (icons resource) and the compiled version).

The idea come up when I've seen one from Vista/7. I wondered if it was possible (in Autoit) to show the control bar when over the picture so... 

[edit]Found some bugs, now fixed (I hope). In the zip file attached are PhotoGadget.au3 and the include _my_icons.au3.[/edit]

Of course, this can be improved!

Credit to Melba for sincronize/move the two windows together. I've modified the function to suit my needs (3 windows)

Suggestions/comments are welcome!

Screenshots, when mouse moved over the PhotoGadget (here, cursor-hand is not captured, just the tooltip):Posted Image

[edit]New screenshots (modified version):

Posted Image

M.I.

P.S. I didn't attached here because all the files mentioned above are a little over 1Mb (forum limit).

Edited by taietel

Found a bug in Photo Gadget   :P : while Photo gadget is open, open another window. When this window is maximized and move the mouse over the Photo gadget (that is behind), those control windows of Photo Gadget still show, even they were not supposed to, because they appear only when hover over the main GUI. I guess it needs a BitAnd(WinGetState($hGUI,""),2) checking.

To the drawing board ;) and get back.  :blink:

Edited by taietel