Sub-menu of Windows Explorer context menu

This isn't necessarily Autoit specific, but I want to implement it in Autoit, so I need to know if it's feasible.

I have created an entry in the context menu in windows explorer, to run my autoit script on various files and folders. But I'd like to create several actions, so I want them in a sub-menu of the context menu.

Is there any easy way to do this?

• Moderators

Unless you're going to write a dll and store your GUID properly withing the registry, or hack the shell dll.

You're going to probably have to learn how to hook the windows listview and add your data to current context menu that popups.

I don't see it being "terribly" hard, but certainly not something I'm in the mood to dig into at the moment myself.

Some things I'd probably look for my hook procedure would be:

WM_UNINITMENUPOPUP

WM_INITMENUPOPUP

WM_LBUTTONUP

WM_RBUTTONUP

WM_EXITMENULOOP

WM_MENUSELECT

Good luck.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Thanks, seems a bit of overkill just to have a cascading menu.

Sorry, I guess I missed the part where you knew how to do it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Hmm, the callback wouldn't be but a few lines of code. Anyway, it is a hassle if it's not important IMO.